Nicole's Yankees Blog

Monday, October 24, 2005

Yankees Update



I will admit that in the beginning of the semester, I thought the Yanks would still be playing now and I would be able to write about the World Series. Or even the American League Divisional Series. Now for the next 5 or 6 weeks or so, I pray that enough interesting things happen within the Yankees orgainization that I can continue posting! Well, it turns out that the Yanks did not hire Leo Mazzone as their new pitching coach. Instead, he will be working with the Baltimore O's right down 95 from us. Turns out that he and Baltimore's manager, Sam Perlozzo, are best friends. Coincidence? I think not! Here to the right is Leo Mazzone himself. According to www.yankees.com, The club has some in-house candidates, including bullpen coach Neil Allen, former Yankees left-hander and current spring instructor Ron Guidry and Triple-A Columbus pitching coach Gil Patterson. They are also looking outside of the team with Dave Righetti, who pitched for them from 1979-90, or White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper. Cooper may be a good choice for them, as the White Sox are in the race to win the World Series as of now! The other in-house news is that the Yanks are also looking for a new bench coach (why are they even important anyway, can someone explain that to me, other than if the manager gets thrown out) , as Joe Girardi accepted the Marlins job. Rumor was Don Mattingly would be up for the position, one of the greatest (in my opinion) Yankee players, especially at first base, but Torre seems to feel he is more valuable as the hitting coach, which he is!
This will be interesting news to all the Phillies fans out there, that former manager Larry Bowa was offered the Yankees' third base coaching job. There is no word yet on if he would take it or not. Presently he is a baseball commentator for ESPN and XM radio. His picture is up on the left. You can read more about Larry Bowa and the pending decsion here.
Some other good news is that Joe Torre, Yankees manager, would return for his 11th season. He is one of the best managers in baseball, and the Yankees need someone like him around to hopefully bring them closer to the World Series next season. Also, Brian Cashman's contract runs out next week, and there is no word yet if he will stay with the Yanks or not. I will definetly update when that decision is made.
In response to Jackie's comment, I never acutally listened to the Bernie Williams CD. It is funny that you acutally have it, is there any reason that you bought it? I am surprised it is even decent, as most athletes who try to make it in the music business do not do well. Can anyone remember when Shaq came out with his song?! But I do agree with Kyle that he should bow out gracefully, while he is on top.

8 Comments:

  • Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    Need a loan? Bad credit ok!. I found a a website that can help you find money for any reason.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:37 PM  

  • I enjoyed reading some of your posts. I have a deer hunting equipment site. You can find everything about deer hunting equipment as well as info hunting rifles, scopes, bows, feeders, stands and more. Come and check it out if you get time :-)
    Rod

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:37 PM  

  • I am looking forward for the conformation on who the Yankees defiantly have on staff. I really do not have an opinion on any of the prospects. Well, maybe Bowa, he did not do well with the Phillies, but third base coach is totally different than manager. I hope that Cashman renews, he has built so many relationships that whatever team he goes to next, they will have the hook up. But, who would not want to wear pinstripes and play for the best fans in the world? I am glad Torre will be back for his eleventh season. I hope that the new Yankee coaching team will mesh well together and bring the franchise another World Title.

    By Blogger pinstripes2, at 1:01 AM  

  • I have not checked out your blog in a while and I really like what you have done with the colors. It adds a nice touch.

    As I blog, I am watching game 4 of the World Series in which the Chicago White Sox are up 3 games to 0 against the Houston Astros. I really have no interest in the games because I don't care about either of the teams. I guess it is good for White Sox because they have not won a world championship in a long time. I think they will probably win the Series.

    The game has not started yet and they just honored the All-Latino team. A-Rod as well as Pedro both made the team.

    I think you can come up with some creative stuff to tell us even though the Yankees season is done. I look forward to seeing what you talk about. I hope that the UD football team makes the playoffs so i will continue to have enough to write about.

    Keep up the good work!

    By Blogger M. Fox, at 8:32 PM  

  • I have to agree with you that Donny Baseball is one of the greatest yanks of all time. He was everything a baseball player should be and a great role model back in the day when we were little ones. As a baseball fan from PA, if things work out with hiring Larry Bowa, I think it will be a good move. He didn't have the most success in Philly, but he never had the talent the Yanks can offer, and he did a good job with what he was given. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens in the search for the replacement coaches. Although Baltimore landed a great coach, I think the yanks will hold their own and sign a great coach and addition to the organization.

    By Blogger Marc Shaffer, at 8:43 PM  

  • I enjoyed reading some of your posts nicole. I was looking for hunting related information and found your blog. I have a hunting site. You can find info on everything about hunting rifles, scopes, bows, feeders, stands, guides for trips and more. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    By Anonymous deer hunting equipment, at 2:07 PM  

  • Fantastic blog you've got here nicole, I was looking for deer hunting equipment related information and found your site. I have a deer hunting equipment site. You can find info on everything about hunting rifles, scopes, bows, feeders, stands, guides for trips and more. Stop by and check it out when you can. Enjoy!

    By Anonymous hunting, at 6:31 AM  

  • I enjoyed reading some of your posts nicole. I was looking for deer hunting equipment related information and found your blog. I have a deer hunting equipment site. You can find info on everything about hunting rifles, scopes, bows, feeders, stands, guides for trips and more. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    By Anonymous hunting, at 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Web Counter
Site Counter